Plateau Valley Hospital District Ancillary Services
Hospice & Palliative Care
Hope West serves Mesa, Montrose, Delta and Ouray counties, with the administrative office located in Grand Junction, Colorado. The organization provides comprehensive hospice, palliative care and grief related services to over 7,000 square miles (population 170,000) in Western Colorado through four sites.
Mission: To enhance the quality of life for those facing serious illness and grief.
- Care at home, nursing home, assisted living facility, or hospital for children or adults with a life-threatening illness
- A team of healthcare professionals specially-trained to address physical comfort and pain control, as well as social, emotional and spiritual needs of the patient and family
- 24-hour on-call service
- Medical equipment, supplies and medication
- Bereavement counselors to provide grief education and support to the patient's family
Palliative Care Services:
- Transitions - symptom management and treatment for those choosing on-going treatment
- Expert symptom management by a team of specially-trained doctors, nurses, and other health care providers
- Regular visits by a registered nurse to assess the illness, as well as patient and family needs
- 24-hour telephone consultation
- Social work to identify community resources that may be helpful to the patient and/or family
- Counseling and education for individuals, families, and caregivers
- Volunteer and pastoral care
AA meetings are held in the conference room each Friday at 7 pm.
Appointments are available on the first Friday of each month with Natural Health Chiropractic, Dr. Tony Grotts D.C.
Emmy Borne, Licensed Massage Therapist, by appointment.
Shannon Trujillo, Licensed Massage Therapist, by appointment.
Colorado Hair Company - Jessica Clark, proprietor
Jessica is a licensed cosmetologist and barber with 22 years experience. Specializing in haircuts, she also offers perming, color (not highlights), and facial waxing.
Yoga classes are held in the conference room twice each week by Lotus Honey Yoga and Wellness.