PLATEAU VALLEY HOSPITAL DISTRICT BOARD MEETING MINUTES
Tuesday September 19, 2023
Attendance: Board: Steve Bryson, Don Mease, Mike Simons, Robert Hassell.& John Polhemus.
Staff & Consultants: Shannon Currier & Jessi Clark.
MEETING CALLED TO ORDER AT 1718 BY STEVE BRYSON, PRESIDENT.
- ROLL CALL: All present.
August 15, 2023 Regular Meeting
- Motion 1: John Polhemus motioned that the Board of Directors approves the minutes of the August 15, 2023 regular meeting as presented. Robert Hassell seconded. Motion carried unanimously.
- CLINIC CONSULTANT REPORT
- CONSULTANT CPA REPORT
Financial Report – charts were not presented as in the past. There was discussion of how the Board wants the information presented in the future.
The preliminary budge was presented and possibe changes were discussed.
There was discussion of the amount of refunds done in July and August from the old Greenway system and of the Colorado Government Finance Officers Association conference in Breckenridge.
- Motion 2: John Polhemus motioned that the Board of Directors approves reimbursing Shannon Currier for the Colorado Government Finance Officers Association conference not to exceed $1500. Don Mease seconded. Motion carried unanimously.
- Motion 3: Mike Simons motioned that the Board of Directors approves the payroll and accounts payable checks(#55180-55265) and the August write-offs in the amount of $17,774.85. John Polhemus seconded. Motion carried unanimously.
- ENVIRONMENTAL SERVICES REPORT
- NEW BUSINESS
- CLINIC REPORT
- Provider Report – Nothing reported.
- District Administrator Report
- Starlink - a proposal to change the internet at the Collbran Clinic to Starlink was presented. Mesa may happen at a later date.
- Motion 4: Don Mease motioned that the Board of Directors approves the proposal to change the Collbran Clinic’s internet to Starlink at 2 TB monthly. Robert Hassell seconded. Motion carried unanimously.
- Land Acquisition Committee – Don Mease and Robert Hassell volunteered for the committee.
- Health Insurance refund – Anthem issued a refund check for premiums paid by the district as they did not meet the required 80% of premiums going to actual reimbursement of actual healthcare costs. There was discussion of whether to issue refund checks to the employees that pay into the health plan or use it towards a future premium.
- Motion 5: Don Mease motioned that the Board of Directors approves using the refund check from Anthem to directly refund the employees proportionate to the amount they pay in. John Polhemus seconded. Motion carried unanimously.
- OLD BUSINESS
- Internet – discussed under the District Administrator report.
- Signage – Jessi contacted the sign company that gave us a proposal on the project prior to ask about directly printing on the plastic. They do not have a printer big enough to do that. Jessi will keep looking for a sign company capable of doing our project.
- SEPTEMBER EVALUATION / RAISES
- Annual: None
- 3 Month: None
- Motion 6: Mike Simons motioned that the Board of Directors adjourn the meeting at 1839. Robert Hassell seconded. Motion carried unanimously.
Jessi Clark, District Administrator