PLATEAU VALLEY HOSPITAL DISTRICT BOARD MEETING MINUTES
Tuesday, October 18, 2022
Attendance: Board: Steve Bryson, Don Mease, Robert Hassell & John Polhemus
Staff & Consultants: Shannon Currier, Jessi Clark & Beth Hedstrom.
MEETING CALLED TO ORDER AT 1721 BY STEVE BRYSON, PRESIDENT.
- ROLL CALL: Mike Simons absent.
- Motion 1: Robert Hassell motioned that the Board of Directors excuse Mike Simons from the meeting. Don Mease seconded. Motion carried unanimously.
- PUBLIC HEARING FOR FAMLI DECISION – no public present.
- Motion 2: Don Mease motioned that the Board of Directors approves the minutes of the September 20, 2022 regular meeting as presented. John Polhemus seconded. Motion carried unanimously.
- CLINIC CONSULTANT REPORT
Nothing reported. The billing office has been focused on working on the credentialing for insurances to be able to bill out of Athena.
- CONSULTANT CPA REPORT
- Motion 3: Don Mease motioned that the Board of Directors approves the payroll and accounts payable checks (#54831-54850) and the September write-offs in the amount of $11,740.74. Robert Hassell seconded. Motion carried unanimously.
- ENVIRONMENTAL SERVICES
- NEW BUSINESS
- CLINIC REPORT
- Provider Report
- District Administrator Report
- Computer Replacement – There are four computers at the Mesa Clinic on the schedule to be replaced this year.
- Motion 4: Don Mease motioned that the Board of Directors approves the expense to purchase the computers for the Mesa Clinic. John Polhemus seconded. Motion carried unanimously.
- Budget – Next month will be the budget hearing.
- Wage Scale and Contract Discussion – Jessi discussed with the attorney how to put the temporary change in schedule into the contracts without completely changing the contract. She will work with Dr. Woodyard and Beth on it. The current wage scale was presented along with information on current wages for openings in Grand Junction and what the change to our wage scale would be at various percentages. No decision was made but the information will be emailed to the Board members for further examination.
- Christmas – Our normal location for the party is not available so Jessi is working on other ideas. Bonuses were not discussed.
- December meeting – The December meeting was rescheduled to Tuesday, December 13 at the normal time so the county mill levy certification deadline can be met.
- OLD BUSINESS
- Succession – Update from Express was given which included information on emails sent out, open rate, postcard mailings and where the job posting has been posted. The postcard from us about Dr. Rollins’ retirement and party has gone out.
- Motion 5: John Polhemus motioned that the Board of Directors approves the creation of a succession committee to act as a liaison with schools and other entities where we may find providers. Robert Hassell seconded. Motion carried unanimously.
- EMR (Athena) –An update was given on the conversion to the new program.
- Internet – No update given.
- Employment Law Changes – There was discussion of the FAMLI act and the desire of the Board to have the District opt out completely. No public attended the meeting and the staff was notified. The discussion at a staff meeting was that the staff agreed with the District’s pending decision.
- Motion 6: Don Mease motioned that the Board of Directors approves passing Resolution 2002-01 which opts the District out of FAMLI. John Polhemus seconded. Motion carried unanimously.
- Signage – We are still having difficulties getting anyone up to look at signs. Jessi will continue to work on it.
- OCTOBER EVALUATION / RAISES
- Annual: Gregory
- 3 Month: None
- Motion 7: Don Mease motioned that the Board of Directors accepts the evaluation of the employee and approves the annual raise applicable. Robert Hassell seconded. Motion carried unanimously.
- Motion 8: John Polhemus motioned that the Board of Directors adjourn the meeting at 1852. Robert Hassell seconded. Motion carried unanimously.
Jessi Clark, District Administrator