PLATEAU VALLEY HOSPITAL DISTRICT BOARD MEETING MINUTES
Tuesday, September 20, 2022
Attendance: Board: Steve Bryson, Don Mease, Mike Simons & Robert Hassell.
Staff & Consultants: Shannon Currier & Jessi Clark.
MEETING CALLED TO ORDER AT 1723 BY STEVE BRYSON, PRESIDENT.
- ROLL CALL: Tabled until later in meeting.
August 16, Regular Meeting
- Motion 1: Mike Simons motioned that the Board of Directors approves the minutes of the August 16, 2022 meeting as presented. Don Mease seconded. Motion carried unanimously.
- CLINIC CONSULTANT REPORT
Rocky Mountain Health Plans’ conversion to United Health Plans will be complete at the beginning of the year. The IPA, that negotiated all the Rocky contracts, has fully dissolved.
- CONSULTANT CPA REPORT
There was discussion of the amount of money the District should keep readily available at Grand Valley Bank since the Colortrust account is making far more in interest.
- Motion 2: Mike Simons motioned that the Board of Directors approves moving most of the District’s money market money to the Colotrust account leaving a minimum remaining amount to stay at or above $150,000. Don Mease seconded. Motion carried unanimously.
There was discussion of the current capitalization policy and the need to increase it due to inflation and ease in doing the depreciation schedule.
- Motion 3: Mike Simons motioned that the Board of Directors approves the change in the capitalization policy to $3000. Robert Hassell seconded. The motion carried unanimously.
- Motion 4: Robert Hassell motioned the Board of Directors approves the payroll and accounts payable checks (#54814-54830) and the write-offs for July in the amount of $20,447.60 and August in the amount of $8,890.30.
The preliminary budget was presented to the Board of Directors.
- ENVIRONMENTAL SERVICES
- NEW BUSINESS
- CLINIC REPORT
- Provider Report - Nothing reported.
- District Administrator Report
- Contracts and wage scales – A reminder was given that October is the time that the District usually looks at both. Jessi has let the providers know that changes need to be received contracting discussions. She will also prepare an assessment of current wages for the next meeting .
- Christmas Party – It was decided that we do want to do a party for the staff and Jessi will start looking at where and dates.
- OLD BUSINESS
- Succession – the progress report from the recruiting agency was given. They have sent out direct emails to 350 physicians, contacted local residency programs, medical associations and other groups. They have the video complete and posted to the website with the job posting. Jessi has been working on the postcard to be sent out to valley residents about Dr. Rollins’ retirement with information on the open house party for him.
- EMR (Athena) – the progress report on the conversion to Athena was given. The “go-live” date is set at 12/12/2022.
- Internet – The Town has met with the County on permitting and will meet with Grand Valley Power later in the week. Once those parts are all done, it can go out to bid with the hope to start digging before winter.
- Employment Law Changes – there was discussion on the FAMLI law and what action the district will want to take so that we can properly notice those who are required to receive it. It was decided that the District will opt out. Jessi will get the information out to the staff and the formal vote will occur at the October meeting.
- Signage – The two companies reference in the previous meeting have been contacted. One was too busy for our project and the other has not responded. An additional company was contacted last week.
- SEPTEMBER EVALUATION / RAISES
- Annual: Engstrom
- 3 Month: None
- Motion 5: Mike Simons motioned that the Board of Directors approves the evaluation of the employee and approves the annual raise applicable. Don Mease seconded. Motion carried unanimously.
- ROLL CALL – John did not show to the meeting
- Motion 6: Mike Simons motioned that the Board of Directors do not excuse John Polhemus from the meeting. Don Mease seconded. Motion carried unanimously.
- Motion 7: Mike Simons motioned that the Board of Directors adjourn the meeting at 1856. Robert Hassell seconded. Motion carried unanimously.
Jessi Clark, District Administrator